Kali Linux Error on VMware:
Kali Linux failing to attach to your VMware Workstation? If the error you receive is the error bellow, then you should follow this short guide to fix the installation.
“Cannot open the configuration file ~\VMware\kali-linux-1.0-i386\kali-linux-i386-gnome-vm.vmx.”
“Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to.”
The solution is easy. It is no compatibility issue, just a small precautionary bug. Follow the steps bellow to fix this.
- Go inside the VMware image folder and find the file kali-linux-i386-gnome-vm.VMX .
- Open the file in a Notepad:
- Change the line that say virtualHW.version = to the version of VMware you are currently using.
- If you’re not sure, here is how you find the version of your running VMware Workstation:
- I changed the line in the notepad to virtualHW.version = “8″ since I am using VMware Build 8 and it worked.
- Save the notepad and then retry.